Please find yourself in which categories below
How To Borrow
You will need your valid UTP student's card to borrow IRC's items:
- Bring the book and your student ID card to the Self-check machine and check it out personally.
- Our friendly staff at the circulation counter will help you if you had any problem.
Log in to My Library Account i-SCAN to check:
- Items list that you have borrowed
- Due dates each items
- Your reading history
- Your preferred searches
- Your total fines
- To renew the item online
To renew online, log in to your library account.
A loan can be renewed once (1 time) and renewals must be done at least one day before the due date.
Please note that the new loan period begins from the day of renewal, not from the original due date.
However renewals will not be allowed if:
- The item has already been renewed once.
- The item has been requested for hold by someone else.
Loaned items must be returned via the Book Drop Machine. The Book Drop Machine is open 24/7 days a week.
Please return your items on or before the due date or time.
- You may request to place a hold on the item if I an item that you require is currently on loan (borrowed by someone else).
- Requests for hold must be placed online via the i-SCAN.
Note: You can only place ‘Holds’ for items that are on loan and not available. Items with the status ‘Available’ cannot be requested.
- If you have a problem to return your borrowed item on time, you will have to pay RM 0.20 per item per one day.
- Please make a payment at our circulation counter in IRC.
- Note: You can check the total number of fine in your Library Account i-SCAN
You can click here for i-SCAN
This services provided by IRC as one stop center platform for UTPians to search our resources that we has such as:
- CD & DVD.
- And more.
You can click here for UTPedia
UTPedia accessible via Browse content of UTP using Year, Subject, Department and Author. Search for required document using
searching facilities included in UTPedia. UTPedia with full text are accessible for all registered users, whereas
only the physical information and metadata can be retrieved by public users.
You can click here to our subscribed e-resources
- Access IRC subscribed databases of online journals, e-books and online dissertations
- Seamless access via UTP LAN or student wifi (no username and password required)
- Access via OpenAthens if using UTP-Celcom wifi, own broadband or own internet connection.
- Email to email@example.com to request for OpenAthens account (student/ staff ID, full name, valid email address, program/ department, expected graduation (month and year), or refer to Remote access tab above for more details